- Camping is planned, meals and intentions
- Camping you prepare for the weather and whatever discomforts you may endure
- Camping is with other people usually
- Camping is in the Summer when the sun goes down later in the day
- Camping is Camping and loosing your power is (&$@!$%^**&%^%$
Feb 23, 2011
Power Outage Is NOT Camping In Style
Twice this winter we have had several days without power. Over Thanks Giving we went the entire week with the power being restored the day after all of our big plans.
Trying to Camp In Style with "generator toast"
Three days into it I'm thinking "Ruth your one girl who loves camping" making the best of it. While watching my friends without power come unglued I remained inspired to Camp In Style. But on that fourth day ................................. I more than came unglued. I won't bore you with all the details of managing a house in the snow you can't drive to, with no power, no phone, one small propane fireplace that keeps a tiny area of the house at 53 tops, with a 5 yr old, a husband out of town and a small generator located around back and down a slope to use for one item at a time.
I lost my cool, cried, freaked out and then was totally disappointed in myself for being a bad girl scout.
PG&E vehicle to get to remote downed poles
Then I reasoned it like this.
PG&E power poles day 5