Feel Free To Share!


share/bookmark

Jun 12, 2010

First Camptrip Review

Camping was both good and well as usual a learning experience. I've come to decide a few things:




 
Bring what makes you comfortable without bringing too much



I like my camp kitchen set up and don't need to buy anything bigger



I don't like the laundry basket idea, I couldn't find anything and prefer the compartments of a duffel bag



I'm not into rainy camping when it comes time to pack up. Everything is wet and dirt is stuck to it


  
Camping with my 5 year old daughter is awesome



A truck would make camping easier



Bears are fairly harmless but even though I know I don't have to worry about them my instinct says don't sleep the first night I camp. And it's always a thrill to see them.


I love my $3 purchase from the thrift store it's very useful as a seat or side table



Three days or more of camping makes packing up more tolerable



We LOVE smoores with cookies



Using a wine box to roll up newsprint for making a fire was a good idea for longer term camping


A labradoodle and water side camping is a GREAT mix. This is Bravo our 1 1/2 yr dog

3 comments:

Tim Thompson said...

Looks like a great camp kitchen setup. If I'm camping where I don't have access to running water, I take a couple of gallon jugs along to drain the melted ice water from my coolers. I use it to wash hands and dishes.

Anonymous said...

"Bears are fairly harmless." I spent an entire summer in Rocky Mountain bear country. They are anything but harmless.

Terressa Kennedy said...

LOL! You are so right about that. I've seen Alaska Bush People!!! lol